Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Review

January 15,2014

For those people who have oily and prone to breakouts type of skin, lemme share to you my interesting discovery of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. :)

I like to search for skincare products for oily skin until I stumble on this blue jar of 50g. According to its label, it has purified Hyaluronic acid and Olive extract. I read that Hyaluronic acid is used in combating skin aging, so kudos to that! Olive extract on the other hand is an antioxidant, so yeah, hooray!



But aside from its claims, I also check www.cosdna.com if the ingredients in a product are safe to use. The rest of the ingredients are fine except for the Dimethicone and preservative. Dimethicone has a low acne issue based on the analysis. But I still decided to buy since a lot of bloggers are really rooting for this. ^.^



I bought it in Watsons for 830 pesos. And I don't regret buying it since it is so soothing for my oily skin. It is not that thick and is easily absorbed compared to Laneige Water Sleeping Pack. It is soooo light and not sticky! Once you put a pea size amount on your skin, it will dry for about 2 minutes. I used it every morning and night after cleansing my face. Since Philippines has humid weather, I think you don't want to put on heavy creams on your face except if you have very dry skin.

For a week, I've been using this product, and I can say that my skin is still adapting to it. I did got a little unwanted surprise on my face but not that big of a deal compared to some moisturizers I've tried.

For those who are looking for an SPF, it doesn't have any. And based on my observation, since it is water-based and has a gel consistency, it may be consumed easily. :( I think 50g jar will last for 2 months if you're using it constantly.You can also use a spatula in case you feel its very unhygienic.(be resourceful!) I use my Laneige's spatula. ;) I like the fragrance but some might be sensitive to it. In addition, it is oil-free, non-comedogenic allergy-tested and no mineral oil but it is not dimethicone and paraben-free.

Overall, I'll give it <3 <3 <3 <3 out of 5 ^.^ And I'm ready to repurchase again as soon as the jar empties. I think it's worth a try for oily skin gals out there! The packaging is enough for me, however I would like them to include a spatula if possible.

Remember that we need to moisturize as well.


I hope this review helps a bit. Love to hear your thoughts to this product as well. :)
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment